8 Ways to Save During Back to School Season
Are you ready for the school year? It may be a bit early for shopping, but it's never too late to start planning. Pen Air Federal Credit Union wants to make sure you're prepared for the upcoming school year.
1. Inventory It.
See what you'll need before shopping. Can you reuse some of last year's school supplies or clothes?
2. Budget It. Set a budget after you've taken inventory. Create a shopping list to avoid impulse buys.
3. Share It. Check to see if you can borrow supplies from friends or family such as scientific calculators for math, classic novels for English class, etc.
4. Time It... and Shop during Tax-Free weekend Take advantage of shopping during tax-free holidays! Florida's tax free weekend is August 12-14th where as Alabama is August 5-7! Check here to see if your state has a tax-free holiday for school supplies. Also, Labor Day weekend usually has big sales on school clothing.
5. Clip It. Search online and in your newspapers for coupons and great deals. Also, signing up for e-mail or Twitter alerts can keep your informed at an instant.
6. Scan It. Use your web-enabled smart phone to download apps such as RedLaser which allows you to scan bar codes and find cheaper prices online or at other stores.
7. Buy It... in bulk. Take advantage of bulk offers on paper, pens, crayons, and other supplies your kids will use often throughout the year. Consider teaming up with other parents for larger bulk purchases.
8. Exchange It. Get together with friends and family to exchange school wardrobe and supplies.